The educators and supporters who use 99Papers.org create countless occasions to celebrate, and—when we’re lucky—a camera is rolling to capture the moment. Here are 16 favorite videos from 16 years of memories shared by our teachers, donors, partners, and staff. (Prepare your brain for a delightful endorphin rush.)
16. When these kids reminded us what it’s like to be surprised by a brand-new book of your very own.
This video made my day. Students atin the Bronx get The Book With No Pictures thanks to
— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak)
15. When Mashable got up close and personal with Charles Best, our founder (and a former public school teacher).
14. When a group of generous funders shared their… and encouraged others to make every day great for public school students.
13. When this structure was still standing, baby.
5th graders complete the Quake Shake challenge
— JRES Library (@jreslibrary)
12. When Unifix cubes finally found their true calling: music.
G2 created visuals of dotted half note patterns with our new Unifix cubes thanks to
— Stephanie Crawford (@LNESmusic)
11. When VlogBrothers showed us what happens if you put a CD in the microwave.
10. When all we wanted was an invite to this party.
When I told my class ourproject was fully funded.. Can’t wait 2 receive our STEM resources next wk!
— Carissa Holloway (@HollowayKids)
9. When Carson Kressley discussed his favorite class. Also, cabooses.
8. When everybody went, “Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!”
project funded in room 20!
— Amanda Tejchma (@mrstejchma)
7. When we heard whatever these noises are.
final iteration of classroom installation
— Mr. Chow-Miller (@CoachChowMiller)
5. When we first met Walt, an amazing 99Papers.org teacher (and—little did he know—future).
4. When the package arrived.
Opening ourproject! Thank you for your support!
— Lauren Tate (@PrimaryGazette)
3. When we got the chance to show off our pipes.
2. When we found someone who likes to wiggle while they work as much as we do.
Thank youWe love our
— Alissa Thomas (@TeacherAlissa)
1. When these guys came into our lives. (Whatever they’re reading, we want a copy.)
No matter how many toys we get for ourkids via , the books make the most impact.
— Pre-K 108 (@KinderTweet108)