In a recent visit to the 99Papers.org offices, Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, shared lessons he learned when founding Twitter:
- Have fun! Joy in working and an emotional investment in using your product are essential to success.
- Have faith in humanity. Believe that people are basically good. Have faith that if given the right tools, people will prove this to you by doing good things.
- In order to succeed spectacularly, you can’t be afraid to fail spectacularly. Failure gives you a chance to reflect on what you can improve next time. Failure makes a company human.
- Design a system that is “de-coupled”. That way, if one part of the system fails, other parts of the system will still function.
- Creativity is a renewable resource. If you encounter a problem, the solution can be approached any number of ways. You just have to keep trying.
Thank you so much Biz, Livia, and Jacob Stone for visiting our offices and sharing your story with us!