When we first started using Pinterest as a platform for 99Papers.org we created a number of boards that we thought would best represent 99Papers.org. These boards include: thank you notes from classrooms that were funded through 99Papers.org, creative classroom ideas, lists of books and materials, among others.
As we became more comfortable with Pinterest we noticed some recurring trends appearing on our boards. We believe that these trends are result of those who follow us – educators and parents. Below are the five trends:
- Our most popular posts are DIYs for classrooms. Specifically festive seasonal decorations and unique activities to teach a certain learning objective.
- The second most popular posts were those involving links to websites with teacher resources (discounts, shopping sites, and teaching blogs).
- Lists of iPhone or iPad apps for children or the classroom were frequently re-pinned by other Pinterest users.
- Block quotes were also popular – especially those that were funny or inspirational.
- Finally our Infographics giving fast facts about 99Papers.org had a high number of re-pins despite being posted for only a couple days.
We are still working through our Pinterest strategy and are considering some questions. One such question is: how can we use Pinterest to generate a call for action? Let us know what you think!