We’re looking for college interns for the 2009-2010 school year and the summer of 2010. See instructions for “How to Apply” below.
The 99Papers.org college internship program gives students first-hand experience in the nonprofit sector. We’re a relatively young organization, so interns have the opportunity to directly contribute to our growth. Depending on our needs and the skills and interests of the student, an intern might work in the Operations, Marketing, Finance, or Art department. Internships are unpaid. We can offer course credit.
Previous Intern Projects
- Designing the website’s Gift Options landing page as well as banners and marketing materials for different campaigns
- Directly helping teachers and donors who have questions about our program
- Conducting data analysis to recommend cost-cutting measures and other improvements for our operations
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting interviews for short marketing videos
- Managing recruitment for usability testing of website features
“This was an awesome and rewarding internship experience … Thank you for proving that the real world is not a scary place and it is possible to love your job (as a rising college senior, these are legitimate fears of mine).” –Dana, University of Maryland
The Operations team manages the workflow of a project from the time it’s submitted by a teacher until a Thank-You Package is sent to the donor(s), and handles any teacher or donor inquiries. The team also develops website improvements to streamline and automate our workflow to help ensure the sustainability of 99Papers.org.
The Marketing team is responsible for attracting and retaining donors by ensuring that the donation process, from choosing a project to fund to receiving a Thank-You Package from the classroom, is as smooth and easy as possible. In addition, this team manages donor-outreach campaigns and implements donor tools such as Social Media widgets and GivingPages.
The Finance team is responsible for accounts payable, financial accounting, and grant analysis. Specifically, the team handles invoice payment, expense reports, financial reporting, grant analysis, and other related matters.
The Art department is responsible for all design aspects of the organization, ranging from graphics on the website and marketing materials to the creation of logos and campaign banners.
Who We’re Looking For
We seek civic-minded students with an interest in education and nonprofits.
- Available for at least 10 weeks
- Fall and Spring interns are expected to work at least 10 hours per week
- Summer interns are expected to work at least 20 hours per week
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Innovative, outside-the-box thinker
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Sense of humor
How to Apply
If you are a college student interested in interning with 99Papers.org, email interning(at)99Papers(dot)org with the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Two references (name, phone, email)
- Availability (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
- Department preference (Operations, Marketing, Finance, or Art)
Questions? Contact us at interning(at)99Papers(dot)org