About the Position
The Intern will report to the Central-South Executive Director, and provide support to ensure the Central-South team reaches its goals. The Central-South team is a 4 person team responsible for the oversight of 22 states in the South and Midwest.
The Intern will be responsible for the following duties:
- Administration: The Intern will provide support for general administrative duties including mailing, filing, faxing, copying, and assembling materials. Administrative duties related to corporate and foundation account management include project spendouts, organizing teacher/student thank you feedback, and compiling thank you binders.
- Grant Writing: The Intern will support grant efforts, including the writing of grants as needed, compiling the requested grant application materials, as well as mailing grant materials to various corporations and foundations.
- Marketing & Media: Organize all Central-South media, and help with media preparation (e.g., research regional stats prior to media interview, create press packets for reporters, compile and organize press clippings into clip book). The Intern also will help prepare materials for presentations to foundations, corporations, teachers and community organizations.
- Reporting: The Intern will assist with pulling reports critical to the success of the Central-South team, including running weekly donor reports and running reports at the close of each major managed giving campaign.
This is a paid position, ideally for 30-40 hours per week. Position based in 99Papers.org office in Atlanta’s Kirkwood neighborhood.
- Strong organizational, writing, and verbal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with SalesForce.com and/or RaisersEdge- a plus
- Demonstrated success in grant writing a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to Keecia Broy at keecia (at) 99Papers (dot) org. Email subject line should read “99Papers.org – Atlanta Intern Position.” No calls or faxes please.