We’re cooking up a new initiative called “Celebrating the Classroom” that we hope to launch this fall. We want to start highlighting great videos on our site, submitted by some of our most creative, engaged teachers.
How it works:
Teachers, email videos (at) 99Papers (dot) org with a link to an amazing, inspiring, adorable, or funny video that’s related to your classroom or school. Anything from musical performances to sports highlights to exciting projects are welcome. If a video you submit is selected to be featured, you’ll win $500 towards the classroom project of your choice!
- Our staff will be selecting the videos that we think are most likely to appeal to the non-teachers that visit 99Papers.org. We’ll prominently and publicly feature about one video per month via our blog, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- The selection criteria are highly subjective and not all submissions will be posted. We’ll let you know if your video is selected, but we are unable to respond to each submission nor provide constructive feedback.
- We can’t accept video files by email. Post your video online and send us a link. If your video is posted on YouTube or Vimeo, include “99Papers.org is Celebrating the Classroom” in the video description. Need help?
- As always, you’ll need to have signed parental permission slips for any participating students.
- Shorter is better. No video should be longer than 4 minutes.
- You don’t need to be the video’s creator so long as you have permission to share it. For example, if one of your colleagues has a great video of a student dance performance, get their permission and then send it our way!
- Since we may not select your video, we discourage you from creating an original video from scratch just for this initiative. Instead we recommend that you send us a great video that you or a colleague already created.
- Do not overtly promote your classroom, school, or 99Papers.org in your video. We want real school moments and we’ll take care of promoting those things. 🙂
The deadline for the first round of video submissions is next Friday, September 10.
Questions? Feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
So get started!