It’s no secret that I love 99Papers.org. They have been helping my classroom and students for years! I want to share my top tips for getting started with this wonderful organization.
My Top 10 99Papers.org Tips:
- Sign-up: Sign up is free, simple, and you can personalize your own website address.
- Build Your Points: It’s tempting to want everything in the world, but start small with your first project.
- Keep it Kid-Focused & Positive: Keeping it always framed in the positive (while being honest about the needs level of your class and school) will help donors feel they are part of a positive change and that’s the coolest part of the 99Papers process!
- Write Well: Although they do provide spell check, I recommend having someone else read your proposal before you submit, just for an extra set of eyes.
- Get Permission: Before you add any pictures of students, be sure you have their parents sign the .
- Be Aware of Due Dates: Very doable, but mark your calendars!
- Use Social Media: Getting the word out about a project is key, so be sure to tap into social media whenever you can.
- Find Match Codes: These are a lifesaver and help your project get funded in no time!!
- Be PATIENT! Patience is KEY with any 99Papers project. They stay live on the site for many months, and that’s for a reason.
- Repeat and Encourage Others: 99Papers is a great resource to pass along to other teacher friends, so be sure to share your know-how with others in your building.
Once you go through your first project, you will realize how easy and positive it is, so don’t hold off any longer!