“Interning at DC.org has been a life-changing experience. I have never met a more intelligent, innovative, devoted, and fun group of people. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of countless public school students!”- Jade, Elmira College
“During my internship at 99Papers.org, I experienced the rare combination of learning practical new skills, conducting meaningful work, and having a blast!” – Clare, Harvard University
This was an awesome and rewarding internship experience … Thank you for proving that the real world is not a scary place and it is possible to love your job (as a rising college senior, these are legitimate fears of mine).” –Dana, University of Maryland
The mission of our internship program is to provide college students with exposure and work experience in the nonprofit sector. 99Papers.org is a growing organization, so our interns have the unique opportunity to contribute to our growth and scalability. Depending on the needs of the organization and the particular skills and interests of the student, this fall/spring intern may have the opportunity to work in the Operations or Partnerships & Business Development teams. We can offer course credit.
- Donor Prospecting and research
- Building relationships in Salesforce.com
- Developing materials to pitch and score revenue-generating business partnerships and compiling reports of campaign results for current business partners
- Responding to teacher inquiries
- Making suggestions to improve functionality of custom-made back-end website technology and efficiency of current policies and procedures
- Performing data analysis and recommending changes based on findings
- Listing/organizing emails and FAQs as part of audit to assure consistent messaging and information
Check out some blog posts where interns describe their experiences in their own words:
Who We’re Looking For:
We are seeking civic-minded students with an interest in education and nonprofits to join our team for a semester, the year or a summer. Semesterly and yearly interns are expected to work at least 10 hours per week, and summer interns work at least 20 hours per week, but we welcome full time interns.
- Be detail-oriented and organized
- Be innovative, entrepreneurial and think outside the box
- Be able to work independently and take initiative
- Have strong writing, analytical and computer skills, with proficiency in Excel
- Have a sense of humor 🙂
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and two references to interning (@) 99Papers (dot) org. In your email please specify when you would be able to work (for a semester, for a year or for the summer) and include your departmental preference, though we will also use your experience and skills to determine the best placement.