For the past four weeks, eighty intrepid Charlotte men pledged not to take razors to their upper lips to raise money and awareness for 99Papers.org! In its first year, Mustaches for Kids – Charlotte not only became the largest chapter with 80 participating growers, it also raised an unprecedented $51,000 and brought nearly 150 99Papers.org projects to life in Charlotte and surrounding areas (View the M4K Charlotte Challenge).
Despite what the pictures suggest, the real winners were Charlotte, North Carolina public school students!
Below is just a sampling of the innovative ideas that our amazing growers (and their mustaches!) turned into classroom realities:
- A collection of Dr. Seuss books for budding Kindergarten readers
- A crime scene forensic kit for 6th grade investigators
- A library of Spanish/English books for ESL students to take home and read with their families
- A set of microscopes for future biologists
- And, coffee products to help Charlotte high school entrepreneurs launch an after school coffee business that may one day rival Starbucks!
An enormous thank you is owed to all of the growers, enthusiasts and supporters in the Charlotte business community who made Mustaches for Kids – Charlotte so successful. From the more than 11,000 Charlotte students you impacted, THANK YOU!!
To subscribe to the blog via email, please click here.