Attention public school teachers! 99Papers.org is very excited to be partnering with National Lab Day. Have you heard of it? It’s pretty awesome.
National Lab Day is a program focused on connecting scientists, volunteers, and funders to classrooms where science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) projects will be taking place in May, and throughout the year. Public school teachers who would like to participate should first create a project on the National Lab Day site, and then create a second project request for the physical resources they need on 99Papers.org.
Here’s how it’ll work…
To participate in National Lab Day (NLD):
1. Post a project request on the NLD site.
2. Receive a confirmation email from NLD that your project was successfully created.
To be eligible to request resources from 99Papers.org for your NLD project you must first complete steps 1 & 2. Then move on to:
3. You must be a full-time US public or charter school educator, spending 75% or more of your time working directly with students.
4. Login to your 99Papers.org account or, if you are a new user, create one.
5. Create a request on 99Papers.org. You will select items from our vendors, which offer a wide range of educational resources. If they do not have the specific items you are seeking, search for similar materials that will help enrich your classroom’s NLD experience.
6. Submit a project on 99Papers.org and have it reviewed and posted; this may take up to 7 days, but you will receive an email confirmation once it is live on our site.
7. Copy your new project ID from your 99Papers.org account page, then connect this to your NLD project by logging back into your NLD account, editing your project, and entering your project ID where asked. (See screenshot)
Please note: Teachers new to 99Papers.org start with 3 points and are welcome to submit requests for resources to supplement their NLD projects, whether they are requesting a visit from a scientist, planning a trip to the planetarium, or requesting items for an in-classroom project.
National Lab Day and 99Papers.org are so excited to see your amazing STEM project requests!