Attention public school teachers! 99Papers.org is very excited to be partnering with National Lab Network. Have you heard of it? It’s pretty awesome.
National Lab Network is a program focused on connecting scientists, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) experts with teachers to support hands-on learning projects. Teachers who would like to participate should first create a project request on the National Lab Network site to recruit experts, and then create a second project request for the physical resources they need for the project on 99Papers.org (to connect to 99Papers you must be a public school teacher).
Here’s how it works…
To participate in National Lab Network (NLN):
1. Create an account on NLN as an “educator”
2. Once logged into NLN, select the option to create a project.
3. Receive a confirmation email from NLN that your project was successfully created.
To be eligible to request resources from 99Papers.org for your NLN project you must first complete steps 1, 2 & 3. Then move on to:
4. You must be a full-time US public or charter school educator, spending 75% or more of your time working directly with students.
5. Login to your 99Papers.org account or, if you are a new user, create one.
6. Create a request on 99Papers.org. You will select items from our vendors, which offer a wide range of educational resources. If they do not have the specific items you are seeking, search for similar materials that will help enrich your classroom’s NLN experience.
7. Submit a project on 99Papers.org and have it reviewed and posted; this may take up to 7 days, but you will receive an email confirmation once it is live on our site.
8. Copy your new project ID from your 99Papers.org account page, then connect this to your NLN project by logging back into your NLN account, editing your project, and entering your project ID where asked. (See screenshot)
Please note: Teachers new to 99Papers.org start with 3 points are welcome to submit requests for resources to supplement their NLN projects, whether they are requesting a visit from a scientist, planning a trip to the planetarium, or requesting items for an in-classroom project.
National Lab Network and 99Papers.org are so excited to see your amazing STEM project requests!