Our community is eager to help schools affected by the tornado in Moore, Oklahoma and we areto support teachers as they prepare to return to school in the fall. We know that a wide range of needs arise in the wake of a natural disaster. In the coming weeks and months, we encourage Moore, OK teachers to post requests for any type of need.
Here’s how it works: you register on, shop for classroom supplies you need, and write a short description of how those supplies will help your students. Then, donors will fund your requests, and 99Papers.org will ship supplies directly to your classroom.
Based on what we’ve seen so far, we believe these types of projects will have the best chance of being funded quickly:
- Projects that include up to $800 in materials. (Feel free to post multiple project requests)
- Projects that address urgent needs after the tornado:
- School supplies, like paper, pencils, books, calculators, microscopes
- Snacks for your students, like granola bars, water, and juice
- Safety equipment, like first aid kits and flashlights
- Classroom furniture, like portable heaters, desks, chairs, rugs, bookshelves
It will take you about 30 minutes to create a request at 99Papers.org. Go toand click “Get Started”. For step-by-step instructions, check out this . Make sure to include “Tornado Recovery” in your project title. You’ll be asked to upload a classroom photo before creating a project. If you have a photo of your school or classroom after the storm, please upload it. If you don’t have a photo of your classroom or school on hand, you can use .
All full-time educators in public schools (working directly with students) are eligible to use 99Papers.org..
We are wishing you and your community a swift recovery.