99Papers.org is thrilled to be joining our favorite design gurus, the awesome Apartment Therapy team, for the month-long Ready, Set, GROW! campaign. Apartment Therapy understands the importance of making the most of your space – both indoors and out! To celebrate spring, they’re rallying their readers to support gardening projects all over the country during the month of April.
Studies show a school garden has the following effects on students:
- Significantly increases science achievement scores.
- Improves social skills and behavior.
- Improves environmental attitudes, especially in younger students.
- Improves life skills, including working with groups and self-understanding.
- Increases interest in eating fruits and vegetables and improve attitude toward fruits and vegetables.
- Has a positive impact on achievement and behavior.
In addition to these benefits, students are getting real-world experience outside the classroom and improving the world around them.