Are you a first year teacher? Do you love writing and using social media? Do you want to share your experiences in the classroom with our community? If so, you’re invited to apply for “First Year Stories”, a social media campaign following four 99Papers.org teachers during their first year of teaching.
- The 2012-2013 school year is your first year teaching.
- You are willing to submit a blog post once a month between September 2012 and May 2013. Each post will be in response to a question we send you about your experience in the classroom.
- You are willing to create two short videos during the school year. These can be done on your smart phone, a flipcam, or your computer.
- You will allow 99Papers.org to share your story via media outlets, social media, and in communications with our donors.
- Opportunity to share your story and thoughts on teaching with our social media community.
- All participants will receive a $25 99Papers.org gift card for each blog post they submit.
- All blog posts will link to your teacher page, to encourage our community to fund your classroom projects!
- Write a 300-word blog post telling us why you decided to become a teacher, and why you’d like to be involved in “First Year Stories”.
- Submit the essay via email to Anna Doherty at emailus (at) 99Papers (dot) org, by Friday, September 7, 2012. In the body of the email, please also include your first and last name, email address, mailing address, the name of your school and grade/subject(s) taught.
We will select the participants and announce them on our blog by Wednesday, September 12, 2012.