We recently moved our office headquarters to a larger new space in Manhattan. Our goal was to create a space that would inspire our staff and reflect our company culture; and, in true DonorsChoose.org spirit, to do so in the most inexpensive way possible.
Eight Inc. helped us create a design theme that features all of our favorite schoolhouse elements—from chalkboard paint (and chalk artwork), to locker-lined hallways. And thanks to Lux Populi, our space feels bright and luminous no matter the time of day.
We received the majority of furniture and materials in our new space from donations from over 25 companies, including:
- Cisco Systems Inc. (telephones)
- Kimball (couches, tables, and chairs for our common space)
- Vandersluis (sari chairs and scholar desks)
- Sherwin Williams (interior paint, including whiteboard, chalk, and magnetic paint)
- ABC Carpet and Home (area rugs)
- Berco Furniture Solutions (custom built conference room table)
- School Specialty (school lockers)
- Best Buy for Business (projector screens and HDMI cables)
- UpDesk (standing desks)
- Birchwood Lighting (lighting fixtures)
We’d also like to send a special thanks to AKJ Books, American Standard, Bergen Botanicals, Britannica, Carolina Biological, Container Store, Daltile, The Grainger Foundation, Interface, Lakeshore Learning, Poppin, Quill, Shleppers, Target, Teachers’ School Supply, and Woodwind & Brasswind for their generous donations to our office space.
Check out these pictures of our awesome new space: