Position Overview: The West Region Director will take an active role in expanding 99Papers.org across a 14-state region. S/he is responsible for cultivating new and existing individual, corporate, and foundation supporters, as well as developing and executing strategies for district outreach and teacher engagement. Reporting directly to the West Region Vice President, the Director position is a unique opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fun, high-profile, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the face of philanthropy and the lives of students from low income families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In partnership with the Vice President, develop and implement a regional strategy for engaging corporate and foundation partners through 99Papers.org managed giving programs
• Prospect, cultivate, execute, and evaluate corporate partnerships to score branded marketing campaigns ensuring the highest levels of customer service
• Identify, cultivate and solicit high net worth individual donors via in-person meetings and/or events
• Independently structure, analyze and manipulate 99Papers.org data for grants, media requests, reports etc.
• Continuously track all contacts, leads, notes, and funding opportunities in our CRM database, SalesForce.com
• Collaborate across regional and national teams to share best practices and inform the systems andprocesses that will influence the future of 99Papers.org
• A minimum of 3, with 5 or more preferred years of fundraising, marketing, sales and/or management experience with demonstrated success reaching or exceeding aggressive goals; familiarity with the philanthropic landscape in Seattle and San Francisco is strongly preferred
• Team player with a strong passion for the mission and vision of 99Papers.org
• Comfortable with a wide range of tasks ranging from strategic planning to tactical execution and implementation
• Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work in a self-directed environment required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong customer-service orientation
• Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with aggressive growth plans
• Travel (up to 50%) is required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
Compensation: 99Papers.org offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits, which include health, dental, and vision coverage; a non-contributing 401K plan; and 5 weeks paid vacation plus national holidays.
To Apply: Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format. Address application to Carolina Martín and submit to carolina(at)99Papers(dot)org and feinberg(at)glocap(dot)com with the subject line “West Director Position.”